Tuesday, December 6, 2011

BCS fiasco....

So pretty much everyone outside of LSU and Alabama fans are complaining about the rematch in the National Championship game... I for one honestly believe the game does feature the two best teams in college football.  Does that mean I think the game will feature the most exciting match up...? Absolutely not, because it doesn't. College football fans have already seen these two teams play, and as much as I love to see two great defenses play, I think even someone that pounded a couple Five Hour Energies before the game would have had a hard time staying awake for that snooze fest. I want to see a high powered defense (LSU) v. a high powered offense (Oklahoma State).  Some will say hey dude, Bama and LSU have really good offenses as well. Really?  Bama and LSU can both run the ball very well... Their passing games are average at best. More importantly, it is these teams DEFENSES that set up their OFFENSES to seem so great. When you are getting the ball inside the oppossing teams territory frequently as a result of your defense getting tunrovers, it makes life much easier for any offense.  Oklahoma State has been moving the ball up and down the field all season.  Also, lets not forget the tragedy that hit Oklahoma State right before their game with Iowa State. This is a wildcard that most people seem to breeze right over. Traveling to play a road conference game right after such a tragedy would be hard on any team. Anyways, my point is that I believe LSU and Oklahoma State should be playing in the National Championship game. I mean the BCS is all about making money right? In my opinion, LSU v. Oklahoma State would draw more attention and be a more exciting game than this lame LSU/Bama rematch we are about to suffer through again.  Here's hoping we at least get a game in double digits... 13-10 perhaps? zzzzzzzzzz

4 comments:

  1. typos and errors are abundant I am sure... I will work on organzing my thoughts a little better and actually proof read before my next post haha. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott passed on the link to your blog since he knows I blog and that I love reading other blogs.

    Definitely looking forward to reading more of your sports thoughts.

    If you have questions about anything with blogger (layout/design stuff, etc.) it's what I use too, so let me know!

    P.S. Don't worry too much about the typos, lots of blogs have them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha thank you very much! I am sure I will be asking you about design and layout stuff because this thing needs some work! Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just want there to be a touchdown!! (Not in your blog, in the game.)

    ReplyDelete